Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Daily Life in Jinan

Quotes to live by:
 “Don't go through life, grow through life.”
Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live
“Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
Delicious Ambiguity.”

Chinese Phrase: 兴高采烈 (xing gao cai lie)
Happy and Excited/ In Great Delight

Staying in shape! Still running in Jinan!


Tutoring English twice a week

Food in Jinan
If you want to order food to go in Jinan you will always find that it is in a clear plastic bag. I even saw someone walking with beer in a clear plastic bag! In the supermarket and convenient stores you will find that milk and other beverages are also in a bag. In the third picture you can see that even popcorn will come in a clear plastic bag! (The popcorn in this picture was chocolate and banana flavored! 很好吃!)

Family Dinners

My First Meal at McDonalds in Jinan (it only took me two months to try it!)
In my opinion the McDonald’s in China tastes better than the one in America because they do not smother your burger in condiments!

The Strangest food I have eaten in Jinan, but it was delicious!


Karaoke(KTV)
Benjamin and Celine both look confused because they selected a French song to sing but the song was definitely not French!


Football (Soccer) Saturday’s!



In Jinan I am never in lack of essential girl talk!

5 comments:

  1. Jenny: Was totally swamped until now... so just signed up. Amazing blog! Great to travel in Jinan, Beijing and Qingdao via your photos. Saw fried scorpions on a stick in a Beijing night market - but never had the guts to try! Brave you. Later, gator. Dr. G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you look so cute in all your pics! Miss you!

    -Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. how did you find the air quality in jinan? I realize it's a growing concern for many expats looking to move there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first time I traveled to China in 2009 the air pollution was bad, but when I returned in 2011 the air condition had improved a lot. Jinan's air quality is better than Beijing. While I was there I didn't have any problems with smog, but there wasn't many sunny days either. Its been two years since I've been to Jinan, so I cannot say whether the air quality has changed or not.

    I will be traveling to China this September for a longer stay. When I visit Jinan, hopefully soon, I will be sure to report about the weather in my new blog. I'll post a new entry and link to my new blog when it starts.

    Thank you for your comment. I hope I was able to help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny.. im interest studying chinese in jinan.. can you give me some statement about jinan? is jinan good? thanks

    ReplyDelete