Friday, December 23, 2011

It’s starting to look a lot like Christmas!


Chinese Word: 下雪 (xia xue) Snow
Words of wisdom: “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared.
”~Buddha


Christmas is just around the corner. Even though I am in China I can still feel the holiday cheer all around me. Last week it snowed for the first time this winter in Jinan. The same night, it also snowed in my hometown.
The first two pictures below are a few of the holiday decorations located at the city center.
The two pictures below were taken two days after it snowed on top of the mountain, 金鸡岭 Jin Ji Ling, located right next to the college campus.
 


 I have been in Jinan for a little  over three months and I have yet to talk about my classes that is because they  have all  been relatively easy. All of my classes are with the other international students except for my Chinese class. I am the only student in my Chinese class because I was the only student to study Chinese before I studied abroad.  I am taking intermediate Chinese right now.  Most of the time I only have homework in my Chinese class but since the semester is coming to an end I have final papers in all my classes. So it has been a blessing that my friends and I have found the perfect place to study in Jinan, Starbucks! The picture below is a picture of two friends of mine studying with me at Starbucks.


During November one of my teachers combined my class with her other class, so we could have the opportunity to have classes with her Chinese students. Below are some pictures of the dinner we (the Chinese and international students) all had in our classroom.
The pictures below are from a going away dinner we (all the international students) threw for one of my friends, Benjamin.  He had to return home to France to be with his family, so we had a celebration in his honor.  His sudden return to France really made me realize that the semester will soon be coming to an end. It is such a bitter sweet realization. I will deeply miss all the friends I have made this semester but I will always have these priceless memories. I have made a resolution to enjoy the time I have left in Jinan. Life is short and time is fleeting.



1 comment:

  1. Great blog entry, Jenny! I love it when you update. I'm so happy you got to live in China and experience so many new and exciting things. :) You deserve amazing things, girl!

    Becca

    ReplyDelete