Friday, September 2, 2011


Chinese Word: 耐性 Nai Xing
Patience/Endurance
I was relieved to arrive in Jinan! I felt like the plane would never arrive! The first thing I want to say is that Jinan is beautiful!
The campus is huge and the people are nice!

I was picked up at the airport by the international director’s assistant YinYu Ling (Cherry).
 She introduced me to the first international student to arrive. He is from Holland (Rj) and cannot speak any Chinese. She told me there will be around 10 international students here this semester from Russia, France, Holland, America, and Korea. I look forward to meeting them all. I know this semester I will not only learn about Chinese culture but also the culture of all the international students as well.

We( Rj, Cherry, and Me) all went to lunch together and I spend a total of 7 Yuan (a little more than an American dollar!)
(A beef Pancake and Soup-牛肉馅儿饼和汤)
Today was a great day, but there were a few things that taught me to be patient because there are just some things that cannot be anticipated or are not in my control. When I arrived all I wanted to do was take a shower but there were no towels so I had to buy a few things (towels, detergent, and toilet paper).
The next thing that was really upsetting is that my internet was not working! I was panicked because I needed to notify my family that I had arrived. So I slept and waited to use RJ’s computer to contact my family.  In after thought I am sorry for any worry I caused my family and friends because of this issue.
This in total was my first day, Welcome to Jinan everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment