Friday, January 13, 2012

Part 2: Places to Visit in Guangzhou


I was in Guangzhou for a week but I felt that a week was too long. For anyone traveling to Guangzhou I only recommend to stay there about three days.
陈家祠(chen jia ci) The Chen Clan’s Estate








白云山(bai yun shan) White Cloud Mountain
While I was resting on the steps on the mountain a group of college students asked if they could have picture with me. They were surprised I could speak enough mandarin Chinese that I could have conversation with them. It was a lot of fun just to sit and talk with them on the mountain. 






南越王 (Nan Yue Wang) The Tomb of King Nan Yue
The tomb covers an area of 1,4000 sq. m. This museum is well known for its well-preserved tomb and funerary antiquity from the Han Dynasty, as well as its elegant and grand architecture from the Lingnan (south of the Nanling Mountain) area. Hidden 20 meters (65.6 feet) underground, the tomb is made up of 750 huge stones with colorful murals. The tomb was discovered in 1983 and the museum opened in 1988. Found in the tomb with the king was more than 15 sacrifices. Four of those sacrifices were his concubines. In this museum you can see the original tomb, and the remains of the kings.



Two Buddhist Temples
“All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.” ~Buddha
My favorite part about Guangzhou was the Buddhist temples. These temples provided a calm serene atmosphere, a complete contrast to the bustling city.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment